Mr. Vipin Gopan
DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
B.Tech degree in Mechanical Production Engineering from SCT College of Engineering, Trivandrumand Masters degree from College of Engineering Guindy, Chennai.
Dr. Vipin Gopan received his B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering from SCT College of Engineering, Trivandrum. His Masters degree was from College of Engineering Guindy, Chennai. Specialized in Manufacturing Systems and Management. He/She is heading the CNC Lab, Trinity College of Engineering.
Teaching Experience:8.5 years
Industrial Experience: 2.5 years
Research Interests: Friction Stir Deposition, Friction Stir Processing, Condition Monitoring, Numerical modelling and Optimization
- Vipin Gopan, Leo Dev Wins K, Arun Surendran, “An Experimental Study on the Prediction of Grinding Wheel Dressing Intervals by Relating Wheel Loading and Surface Roughness”, International Journal of Abrasive Technology, Vol. 9, Issue 3, 2019, 171-187. (Scopus Indexed)
- Vipin Gopan, Leo Dev Wins K, Gecil Evangeline, Arun Surendran(in press), “Experimental Investigation for the Multi-Objective Optimization of Machining Parameters on AISI D2 Steel using Particle Swarm Optimization Coupled with Artificial Neural Network”, Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Systems. (Scopus Indexed)
- Vipin Gopan, Leo Dev Wins K, Arun Surendran, “Image Processing Based Tailor-made Software Package For The Condition Monitoring Of Grinding Wheel”, International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development (IJMPERD), Vol. 8, Issue 3, Jun 2018, 825-834. (Scopus Indexed)
- Anuja Beatrice, E. Kirubakaran, K. Leo Dev Wins, Vipin Gopan, P. Ranjit JebaThangaiah, “Artificial Neural Network and Particle Swarm Optimization Hybrid Intelligence for Predicting Cutting force during Hard Turning of H13 Tool Steel with Minimal Cutting Fluid Application”, International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development (IJMPERD), Vol. 8, Issue 4, Aug 2018, 891-900. (Scopus Indexed)
- Vipin Gopan, Leo Dev Wins K, Arun Surendran “Integrated ANN-GA Approach For Predictive Modeling And Optimization Of Grinding Parameters With Surface Roughness As The Response” Materials Today: Proceedings, Volume:5, Issue:5, Pages 12133–12141, 2018. (Scopus Indexed)
- Vipin Gopan, P S Sreekumar, Jishnu P Chandran, Vijay W, Sanjay Kumar M, “Experimental Investigation on the Effect of Process Parameters on Friction Stir Processing Of Aluminium”, Materials Today: Proceedings, Volume 5, Issue 5, Part 2, 2018, Pages 13674-13681. (Scopus Indexed)
- Vipin Gopan, Raghavanantham. S, S. Sampathkumar “Condition Monitoring of Grinding Process Through Machine Vision System” Proc. IEEE International conference on Machine Vision and Image Processing (MVIP) 2012 pp 189-192 December 2012. (Scopus Indexed)
- Vipin Gopan, K Leo Dev Wins “Quantitative Analysis of Grinding Wheel Loading Using Image Processing” Procedia Technology (2016) vol 25. pp 885-891.
- Vipin Gopan, K Leo Dev Wins “Measurement of Grinding Wheel Loading Using Thresholding Technique” International Journal of Research in Mechanical Engineering (2016) vol 4. Issue 3 pp 227-232.
- Presented a paper in International Conference on Materials Manufacturing and Modelling (ICMMM’2017) organized by Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT)
- Presented a paper in Global Colloquium in Recent Advancement and Effectual Researches in Engineering, Science and Technology (RAEREST 2016) organized by SJCET, Pala.
- Presented a paper in International Conference on Innovative Approaches in Mechanical Engineering and Management Studies (IAMM 2016), jointly organized by Trinity College of Engineering and Kerala State Council for Science Technology and Environment (KSCSTE).
- Presented a paper in International Conference on Machine Vision and Image Processing (MVIP’12) organized by PSG College of Technology Coimbatore.
Short Term Courses Conducted
- Resource person for the Short-Term Training Programme on “CNC Part Programming and Hands on Machine Training” organized by Lourdes Matha College of Science and Technology, Trivandrum.
- Technical trainer of Short-Term Training Programme on “CNC Machining and MasterCam Software” jointly organized by Advance Design and Manufacturing Lab (ADML) and Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE).
- Technical trainer of one-month training programme on “Integrated Design and Fabrication (IDF)” jointly organized by Advance Design and Manufacturing Lab (ADML) and Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE).
- Short term training programme on “Recent Advances in Mechanics” jointly organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology, Trivandrum and The Indian Society For Technical Education.
- Three-day workshop on “Latex Programming” jointly organized by Trinity College of Engineering and Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment.
- International workshop on “Sustainable Business Development in Manufacturing and Services” jointly organized by Business Innovation Research Centre (BIRC), Charlton College of Businees, University of Massachusetts, Darmouth, USA and Department of Mechanical Engineering, CIT, Coimbatore.
- Indo-UK workshop on “Advanced Materials Engineering and Technology” organized by Department of Manufacturing Engineering, College of Engineering, Guindy.
- National workshop on “Advanced Metrology in Manufacturing Engineering” organized by Department of Manufacturing Engineering, College of Engineering, Guindy.
- National workshop om “Non-Destructive Testing” jointly organized by ISNT (Indian Society for Non-Destructive Testing) and SME (Society of Mechanical Engineers) College of engineering, Guindy.
- One day workshop on “Role of NDT and Metallography in Failure analysis” jointly organized by Society for Failure analysis and Department of Mechanical Engineering, College of engineering, Guindy.
- One week training on “CNC Programming and Machining” on Bharat Fritz Werner Ltd, Benguluru.
- Undergone one month in plant training on “Hindustan Lifecare Limited” Peroorkkada, Trivandrum.
- Design of Machine Elements 1 & 2
- Fluid Mechanics and Machinery
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Graphics
- Dynamics of Machinery
- Non-destructive testing
- Production Lab
- Metrology Lab
- CNC Lab